Tuesday, January 24, 2017

"My So Called Opinion"

Honestly this article almost put me to sleep. This was a millennial talking about the "problems" with millennials today. It seems like he thinks that millennials are too "politically correct" and he see's that as a problem. Yes, our generation was raised on pluralism. I don't see that as a bad thing. We were raised on a set of ethics in respecting one another and "political correctness" is not a problem. If complaining about not being able to say whatever you want whenever you want is a problem for you, maybe educate yourself instead of criticizing a generation of compassionate people for not being rude, or in his words using "political correctness".

By reading further down the article, I can tell the author is out of touch with our generation. He claims that we have issues in expressing our opinions and our taste. I don't know about you but I have never met a millennial that doesn't express their opinions. He discusses in the third part that we might be afraid of condemning other cultures from actions we don't agree with because that wouldn't be "embracing the difference", which is what pluralism suggests. Im sorry but everyone is capable of expressing how they feel about something. Hell, Im a millennial vegan liberal, I don't shy away from my opinions just because it might not be embracing the difference, and neither do other millennials of different view points. I think the person who wrote this article needs to resurvey his fellow millennials better because the conclusions he drew about our generation are flawed.

No comments:

Post a Comment